Tuesday, October 9, 2007

It Has Been SOOO Long!!!

Don't worry, I have been eating well. Just because I have not posted doesn't mean I haven't eaten. I got so busy and so far behind that it got harder and harder to make myself start again.

When I get on the computer, I have been checking up on blogs, especially Ashley's and Copeland's, and after reading their struggles, it makes my daily life and restaurant reviews very insignificant.

Since my last post, I went to see Janelle. The trip to Abilene wore me out even though it was just a day trip. Anyone that knows me well knows I can only handle about an hour in the car. Five hours in one day is brutal. I was sick and went to the "clinic" to get some medicine in between shopping for Janelle's apartment and hanging pictures and drapes. We did manage to squeeze in lunch and dinner at The Homeplace.

It has been so hot that I have not had any desire to do anything. I have had it with the heat. To make matters worse, Pops has been in San Diego and Vancouver and will call me and tell me how cool it is there when I am sweating to death in the 95 degree temperature with 98 percent humidity. I am ready for fall. We did get a little break yesterday morning, but it went back up for the afternoon. Bring on the cool air. I would like to be able to take the girls to the park and I don't like to sweat.

I have been having some work done on the house and have been painting and doing some work myself so that has kept me busy along with a precious 18 month old that is wearing me out. She is just adorable, but so busy. You turn your back on her and she is either on the kitchen table or on the counter top.

Last but not least, my little Landrie turned 4 last week. She is so sweet and so smart. She amazes me with the things she says. I can't help but think about her birth when her birthday comes around. We were so excited that she was finally coming into this world. Jennifer went to the hospital to be induced on Friday night and everything seemed to be going fairly smooth until she was born around 10 p.m. on Saturday. After she was born, we were told her Apgar was 2 and she had to be revived. The Dr. said she was just limp and she didn't know why. Through the night they checked her and said she was week on one side. I was devastated. I just wanted her to be a healthy baby. From that point on, she never had any other problems and we are so blessed by her and her health.

Some of my food highlights over the past few weeks:

Christina's Mexican Restaurant in Southlake - Did not like
Via Real in Las Colinas - Good
Tucker's Catfish Haven in North Richland Hills - Good food if you can handle the atmosphere
Bailey's (the new one off of Glade and 121) - Great breakfast
Manny's Mexican in Dallas - Pretty Good
S & D Oyster Bar in Dallas - Good
Feedstore BBQ in Southlake - Below Average
and of course . . . all the regulars

2 comments:

Kelli in the Mirror said...

We love the Cristina's in Plano, so my husband was excited when the Southlake one opened right by his work. He didn't like it at all either. I wonder what is so different about them. The Plano one is one of my favorite places to eat!

Janelle & Ella said...

We have missed you! :-)

We should have met at Bailey's. I live in the neighborhood right by it. Can you believe I have never been to it? I drive by everyday. My family will definitely be visiting it soon for breakfast now that it has your recommendation.