Sunday, June 10, 2007

Does Anyone Read My Blog??? Apparently They Do

I recently did a review of a meal that I had a Planet Burrito. Needless to say, it will not go into the category as one of my favorites. A few days after my post. I received this email:

Good afternoon. I am the *********** (impressive title) for Planet Burrito and just happened to come across your write-up on the internet for the restaurant. I am sorry to see that you had not enjoyed your meal and I hope you might be able to give me a little more detail as to what you might have had and what you might have changed differently. We have tried developing a menu of items that is unique to most Mexican-style restaurants and being "new" we take comments very seriously. Could you also tell me which location (Plano or Southlake) that you had visited for your meal.

I would like to try and treat you to a dinner if you would allow us another opportunity to show you that we can offer an experience that is out of this world.


This is what I wrote back:

Thank you for your note.

The Planet Burrito that I visited was in Southlake. I had the chicken burrito with chipotle tomato rice, with onions, corn salsa, Monterey jack cheese, onions, cilantro and guacamole.

The best way to describe my meal was that it was very bland. The chicken sounded so good on the menu. I expected it to have a lot of flavor and it tasted like finely ground boiled chicken without any seasonings at all, not even salt. The rice also lacked flavor and did not taste like it had any salt. The corn in the salsa tasted like it was canned and the guacamole was watery and very dark green. The onions gave it the most flavor.

There was some confusion with my husbands order and he is not sure if he had the steak or the brisket. It was more the consistency of brisket. His meat had much more flavor than the chicken.

I am a big fan of Chipotle. Their ingredients seem very fresh and the flavors are very bold. When I visited Planet Burrito, I expected a similar experience.

I honestly think that there are too many items to choose from. It is great to have variety, but I think the quality of the ingredients has been sacrificed for the quantity. I would rather have a fewer good choices than several that are just average.

I hope this helps, and again, thank you for your note.

2 comments:

Kelli in the Mirror said...

That's pretty cool, actually. Are you going to try it again on them and see if it's any better?

Lolly said...

Hi Kelli,

I never heard back from him :(. I would try it if offered a free meal, but it was so bad I would not take another chance on my own because I wouldn't want to ruin my night.