Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Stressful Travel Update - Updated

As you know, I am claustrophobic due to a flying incident. One of the worst things I can imagine is sitting on the tarmac with no air conditioner. Right now, I am at the Tampa airport and there are terrible storms in Dallas. The flight before ours was cancelled and right now, ours has been delayed for an hour.

I am not complaining, because I would rather sit in the airport than on the plane any day. I am hoping that once we get on, we will get to Dallas with no delays at DFW. I have already taken my Xanax in anticipation of already leaving, so I may need some more. If I take anymore, I may not be able to walk off the plane.

I case you can not tell, I am a little panicked at the moment. I will update in the morning, hopefully with good news.

Well, I did get good news. After we waited a while, they told us that there were backups at DFW and 60-70 planes were on the tarmac, so they were cancelling the flight. We had to rebook for the next flight that was not sold out (3:00 p.m.), get our luggage, rent a car, and check back into the hotel. It was a big hassle, but I would gladly do it again instead of the thought of getting stuck on the plane for hours.

No comments: