Saturday, February 3, 2007

The End of the Fast

I have not posted about the end of the fast that ended last Saturday, because I have been so busy eating. We broke it with communion on Saturday night. The end of the last week was the toughest. I thought it would be easy, but it seemed like it would never end. At this point, I don't care if I ever have any fruit or vegetables again.

We ate at La Hacienda Ranch on Saturday night. We had a Home Team leaders meeting after the service. We did "call ahead" and by the time we waited another 45 minutes and got seated it was 9 o'clock. Surprisingly, the first sip of Dr. Pepper did not send me to extacy like I thought it would. The food was good, but not as great as I had imagined. My biggest craving was for a gooey cinnamon roll, so I made some whole wheat cinnamon rolls on Monday. They were pretty good.

My meals this week have consisted of a cheeseburger from Saltgrass, salad at Chili's, salad at Celebrity, pizza at Palio's, Chick-Fil-A (which was disappointing because is was soggy and not crunchy), and best of all junk food from Canton. Tina and I decided on a whim yesterday to go to Canton and we ate our way through with corny dogs, tater twisters, stuffed shrimp, bread and funnel cakes.

I was a little disappointed in the results of the fast. I did not get closer to God as I had expected, I did not feel over blessed, I felt like I put way to much focus on food and I didn't lose an ounce.

Am I glad I did it? Absolutely. My interpretation of the scripture in Matthew chapter 6 is that we should pray, give and fast. I do the first two on a regular basis, but have never fasted, so I feel like I was being obedient to God and I want to live a blessed life. As far as blessings go, I just don't know how I could be blessed more. Maybe if I won the lottery, but I have been blessed with a wonderful husband that thinks I am the greatest thing in the world, great kids and adorable grandchildren and everyone is very healthy. What more could I ask for?

No comments: