Sunday, August 20, 2006

Soul Food

Pops has always been a big admirer of Andy Stanley. He has read many of his books and heard him speak at our church, Fellowship Church. He has always said that if he ever went to Atlanta, he wanted to visit Andy’s church, North Point Community Church. That is just what we did on Sunday morning and really enjoyed his message.

One real treat was that at the end of the service, Aaron Shust was there singing his #1 Christian hit “My Savior My God.”

Both Fellowship Church and North Point Community Church have been in the news recently. The “Church Report” recently released its 2006 list of the “50 Most Influential Churches.” North Point was ranked number three and Fellowship was ranked number four.

I am so proud to be a part of Fellowship Church. It is an influential church because it is changing lives. That is what it’s all about. This summer, over 1,200 people have accepted Christ through the ministries at Fellowship. That is a lot of changed lives.

This is the most important decision that anyone will ever make in their life. It is a decision that affects where you will spend eternity. Last weekend 583 people went one step further and were baptized, publicly professing their faith in Jesus Christ.

I grew up in a home where we went to church every Sunday and learned about Jesus. While I knew who He was and all about Him, I didn’t know Him. When I was 13, I heard a simple message that changed my life.

I realized that I was and still am a sinner, and that God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for my sins; past, present and future. He did it for the simple fact that He loves me. Salvation and eternal life were a gift from Him and all I had to do was accept it. I don’t have to do anything else.

I have chosen to live my life as a Christ follower. I desire to live a life that is pleasing to Him. Although I am far from perfect, I am forgiven and I know without a doubt, He is with me every step of the way and I will spend eternity with Him.

No comments: